500 miles for my 50th - long overdue update

500 miles for my 50th - long overdue update

Finally, I have clocked 250 miles. I have been sidelined due to a hamstring injury which put a stop to any activity for around 12 weeks. Thought it had improved so tried a few runs at the end of May, but found myself back on the injury couch which was a real pain (literally!) Anyway I have been following exercises the physio gave me and using a leg support which seems to have made the difference. I Started running again a few weeks ago and today I managed a 6 mile run, my first since early March. Happy days, it feels like I am back on track.

5 Replies

• Good to hear that you are recovering from your injury. You will be able to manage to reach your target no problem!!

• I'm hoping I'm back on track now. The plan is to take it steady rather than trying to complete the 500 miles as quickly as possible.

• Well done Megzig :D glad you are fully recovered :)

• Sorry to ask, but what was the plan, run 500 miles during your 50th year? I am 50 in October and looking at a challenge a month for the 12 months, the first one being set a Park Run PB the day after my 50th. (I am currently 5 minutes off it, due to poor attitude, lack of exercise and too many curry's) But an underlying cover 500 miles (walk or run) sounds like a great plan.

• Hi, the plan was to run 500 miles in 2015 for my 50th. My birthday is also in October and at one stage it looked like I would complete the challenge in September. Injury has put paid to that so I am back to my original plan of 500 miles in 2015. I would rather take a bit longer to complete the challenge.

You may also like...