Why am I finding week 8 so HORRIBLE??

I have loved most of the other weeks and felt like I was getting stronger. But week 8 has been shell so far. I had to do r1 on a treadmill which I absolutely HATED, so boring and uninspiring, I could not wait for it to end. Then did r2 today. Did it later than usual, at 11.30 (I normally run early in the morning as I am not good in the heat). It was pretty hot, but as my Race for Life is in the middle of the day in july I figured I ought to try to get acclimatised. I did get home after a 13 hour flight at 7 this morning though. I am so not looking forward to R3. I also hate the music on the podcast, maybe I need to try r3 with my own music! Well at least I did the runs, although I came so close to stopping loads of times! Hopefully r3 will be better! 😯

10 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi Sandi , at least you didn't stop......and only 4 runs left......if you download the app you can listen to your own music at the same time......but there's no Julie lol πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ .....we are nearly there.......just think how far we've come πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ xx

• Thanks Dawn, I know we have both come such a long way but I thought it would be getting easier by now not harder!!

• Think flying to Singapore and back within a few days might have something to do with it......don't dwell on it too much......you've ran for 30 mins before......now your back and a day's rest I'm sure you will find your next run fine xx

• Thank you Dawn, I hope that's what it was, Sunday will tell!!! What did you think of w8? Xxx

• I changed my route and music for week 8 ...think that helped.....was ok ...xx

• Sounds like tough circumstances to me. I'm sure you'll get your mojo back for week 9. Good luck - so close now :)

• Thank you so much - I do hope so!!!! Next week looks like a hot one though!! 😨

• There is no motivation quite like thinking "I'm not going to listen to that track any more times than I absolutely have to" In my view, offering apps and such like is a bit like offering a chair and a rest ;-) Let's face it if you can't stand a bit of dodgy music what else are you going to let stop you in the future?

I think many of us, many of us who don't have that sheaf full of very real reasons your run was tough, find at least one of the last 3 week's sessions a bit grim. Maybe it is all part of the learning process

• We all have bad runs and bad weeks (for me it was week 7, yuck!). Week 9 is all new and shiny and will be much better. Just make sure not to push yourself too much, don't go too fast!

• Hey Sandi bet you will find a more "normal" run fine (if I make it that's a fine one for me lol!). How did you get on? Week 9 starts thurs for me very excited! X

You may also like...