Hayfever? Try the treadmill

So I used the treadmill tonight trying to gently break in my new shoes. I suffer from hayfever, what with all the pollen making me sneeze and the thought of catching all the added protein as I run, gasping away, was too much so I ran inside.

What was the weather like? "It's hot. Damn hot! Real hot! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking." Well, can you tell me what it feels like. "Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's damn hot! I saw - It's so damn hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about."

Happy running all

GF

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Do I get the impression that it's a wee bit warm at Chateau GettingFitter?

Don't know the quote, but it sounds like Eddie Murphy. Nice cool glass of beer to aid with the post-run rehydration?

• Definitely was a bit warm. Quote is from Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam. 2 pints of squash followed by 2 glasses of Rioja ;-)

• I was freezing today! I had to start my run with a hoodie on. Well, it was the wind more than the temperature...

Have you tried doing nasal wash (with a neti pot and salted water)? I've ben doing it every day in the past 2 weeks and it has helped a lot with hayfever,

• No Pigivi. I've not heard of that but will try anything. I take tablets at night which mostly work just not when the pollen is really high. Off to google neti pot ;-)

• Hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut!!!

• Love it

• We introduced our 15 yr old to GMV last w/e. Essential education. Like the Rolling Stones. !

You may also like...