Wow

Wow

My result today.

Let me explain why it thinks I ran for 30 minutes first. My Sony smartband isn't perfect and I was walking pretty briskly on the way home from work for the first 5 minutes it would seem (I know it wasn't recording the brisk walk either side of the 25 minutes as it details at what time it thinks I ran). I was keen to get home to run I suppose, feeling energised by last week's run.

The above aside I ran at an average pace of 5:05 min per km - which for the 25 minutes means I covered just short of 5km, possibly 4.9. Clearly if I had run for 25:25 I would have reached 5km.

I'm not treating the results as certain until I run a 5km track in around 25 minutes, but if on week 7 I'm running anything close to 5km I think it's some achievement.

Right, I've got an interview with Admiral Law tomorrow morning so I'd better get back to revising answers to questions. I wonder if the fact I told my current employers about the interview and didn't just take half a day off and hide it puts me in the minority.

Thanks again for reading. As you can imagine I'm pretty elated with my result, I hope your next run gives you the same feeling.

Mike

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That sounds super fast to me I finished W8 on sat and at 28 mins only getting to 3.5km (and that's a struggle ) to get 5km in 25 mins is brill :-D

• Thank you cmcadams :) It felt so slow, I certainly expected to get less after naively pushing myself at the start. Graduation soon for you! Best of luck with W9 :)

• Thank you for the recommendation onestep!

• I did run 2 of week 7 this morning. Mapmyrun had me at 4.6km at an average of 5:30 min/km.

It's my best stat wise to date, but didn't feel too clever whilst running it!

• I know you are a young un Mike but that is still a pretty stunning performance.

Great stuff.

You may also like...