Phew what a scorcher!

Get up, drive to work (in Kent), in the office for 7:30am work through lunch, stressful day, leave at 5:30, M25 accident, 20 minutes delay (at least I wasn't in the accident), get home at 6:45. Hello wife and children, out of work clothes, running gear on, garmin on, tunes on and run.

5 miles in 53 minutes in 19 degree heat, saw squirrels, horses and a deer ran alongside me before cutting across the path. Food+wine and relax, reading all about my running chums latest adventures. What a great way to end the day.

It all starts again tomorrow.

Have fun

GF

19 Replies

oldest • newest
  • Good times. *Happy Sigh* :-)

• Definitely Allie ;-)

• 😃

• Sounds great!!! Apart from the heat!!! I struggle in the heat!!!! Enjoy your wine!!

• Thanks i did

• It's such a good antidote this running!

• I wonder what i did before C25k

• This is an inspirational read... In the office for 7.30am? Wowee, that's amazing! Keep running! X

• I know lots of people have more stressful jobs and longer hours so I've nothing to complain about really ;-)

• Oh that sounds amazing G, I can feel the stress melting away in your post :-)

Sigh......... :-) xxx

• Happy days PP. Looking forward to my next run

• What a great day you had!

• certainly felt it after the run

• Great post GF . I too went out for an hour last night and it was a scorcher! I saw swans with their new cygnets, morehens ducks, lots of friendly dogs and very polite cyclists. It's a wonderful world out there and we are indeed 'getting fitter' too. Win win all round ! or should I say wine, wine :) Sorry the good mood hormones are still doing the trick! Running Happy

• Brilliant Carole sounds like you had a great run too.

• Ahhhh, isn't it just lovely when a good run can take the stress out of the day and create a happy ending. Happy running :)

• THIS is why I LOVE this forum :-).

• Hot? Oh my, living and running in Qld means running has to be done at 5:00am in the morning to beat the summer heat, thank goodness it's now cooling down and I can go out at 6:00 am. I'm really impressed that you went out for a run after your packed full day, I've tried evening running and just can't do it.

• I also normally prefer morning running