Argh! Nerves

I'm on week 9 & I decided to try a park run as my w9r1. I've not actually run 5km yet so I'm a bit anxious about it. But I'm going to go very slow & try & make the difference.

I'm really nervous!!

I decided to do the South Manchester park run in the end so hopefully it'll go ok.

At least it's not bucketing it down which helps.

Keep saying to myself: It doesn't matter if I walk. The main thing is to finish!

Wish me luck!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You can make it to the end ! I'll be sending you virtual encouragement as I'm doing mine ( it IS raining here). Look forward to reading your report later !

• Thanks henpen! Hope you enjoy your park run despite the rain! Xx

• Good Luck!! You can do it! :-) x

• Good luck! I'm just about to get up and go too ☺

• Good luck !! Bet the momentum of others carries you when you struggle....looking forward to hearing how you get on :)

• You will do great, and it does NOT matter if you walk part of the way. Many do. Have a great time!

• Enjoy!!

Look forward to reading about how you smashed it :)

• Have fun! You can do it

• Its 8.50am so I am thinking of you. Am sure you will take it nice and slow - your aim being to finish not just run for 30 mins like Laura is asking you to do. It is completely do-able - I did a local 5k as my W9R1 - you will be buzzing in about another hour!!!

• Ah bless you will be finished by the time you read this x well done and how awesome you are for doing it xx

• So how did it go? I found it a bit of hard going today - I think my hard run on Thursday was still in my legs!

You may also like...