Running quiz for music lovers

Well heres a little test for you.

Running quiz

Ok, see how many groups or songs you can pick out of this related to running?

When I first embarked on couch C25K, I thought I can hardly walk 500 miles, let alone run. So week 1 commenced and I felt ok after it. Then I thought, maybe I was born to run after all and pushed ahead into week 2 feeling confident.

Into week 3 and things looking good and I thought I’ll try a different route, I turned into a place I didn’t know and shouted to a passerby where am I? I was where the streets have no name and hard to make out a landmark, eventual I saw a name place and the dreaded hils appeared, it read solsbury hill, I thought I know this place. Who would have ever thought it, me running up that hill?

Week 4 and I’m a runner at last or so I thought, but then there was hard weeks ahead of me, I’m enjoying this and don’t wanna stop, so on I pushed, I’d made it, I was footloose.

Week 5 and the dreaded run 3 of this week was looking big, I knew I could do it, I believed I could fly, I chose a route I knew well and set off, damn, somebody I knew shouted me, I retorted, don’t stop me now, I’ll catch you later.

Week 5 done and week 6 I thought would be a walk in the park, how wrong could I be, I failed run2, I thought never mind, don’t look back in anger, onwards and upwards and get on with it. Again I changed routes, oh know, hills lots of them, I knew then I was on the road to hell! But eh I did it.

Week 7, no stopping me now and no more stopping, oh dear, can I do this I asked? I went back to a route I knew ell and thought, lets get started here, where’s the Olympic spirit I can run 20 minutes without stopping, with or without you, I ditched Laura, end of, I was on my own now.

Thats it, I thought I heard, it was me suffering delusions from the heat of spring, I was used to the cold air of winter, but spring was in the air, lambs appeared on my route, I could run like the wind.

Week 8, I was starting to get cocky now, full of belief, tears in my eyes, I was nearly there, it was only a matter of days before the plan was complete, I set of on one of the runs and could see in the distance what looked like a Manhatten skyline, but no, it was the dump of the town I live in. I knew then week was done.

Week 9, here we go again, there was now no doubt in my mind, the sky was the limit, I was born free I had a new hobby, it was my fairground. One more day left, I knew then tomorrows just another day and I could do it.

Enjoy lol

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • 19 ish??!! ITS GOT TO BEEEEEEE ...... PERFECT for poppypug & no Excuse plus lots of others!!!

• Youre right there Ali - haven't had time to read it properly yet! x :-)

• you'll get them all - no probs! :)

• Gimmee just a little more time! Lol Maybe that's going back a bit far for you! x :-)

• that's about my era :D

• "and our love will surely grow"??!! or something like that! i'm nearly 45!! :)

• The Proclaimers - 500 miles.

• U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name.

• U2 - With or Without You

• About 23- now I'm outta time! x :-)

• It was Chairman of the Board ☺

• Peter Gabriel, Bruce Springsteen, Kate Bush

Anyone else playing ?

• AHA?

• Queen? Bruce Springsteen lol

You may also like...