Couch to 5K
52,730 members84,846 posts

W9 R3 #nailed it!

I did my final run of week 9 today and I'm excited to say I'm now a graduate!! Whooo :)

I tried to keep a slow and steady pace so that I could definitely finish.

Anyway, the run felt so comfortably, the sun was setting and the harsh winds of the past week had gone- I really enjoyed it.

When Laura said the time was up, I was still feeling good so I decided I would carry on and just beat my furthest run to date (so my garmin connect would show the trophy- ha ha).

When I got in I checked my watch and if run 3.66 miles in 33.23 mins. This made my average pace 9.08 which I think is my fastest ever! What! How crazy is that considering it felt an easy pace?

I'm so chuffed - a great start to the bank holiday weekend! :)

17 Replies
oldestnewest

That sounds impressive Sarah! I'm shuffling along compared to you, plenty for me to work on! I'd waited an extra day too so I could enjoy without the winds and biting cold. What a lovely day to graduate on.

1 like

Congrats and well done although the way you have been going, it was never in doubt.

What's next?

Thanks Dunder :)

I think I'll just keep running for "30 mins" for another week or so. Then maybe increase the time gradually.

I would love to be able to run 10k so I might try to find a b210k plan to suit me. I wish NHS did one!

Thanks for all your support!

You are more than welcome.

I think that most people respond best when having a goal/target as well as some structure but you're right, it has to be suitable.

All the best going forward.

Congratulations Sarah, brilliant time and distance to graduate with. All the best with your running adventures.

1 like

Wooohooo well done. I bet it feels fab. Can't wait till I get there myself x

Thank you! :)

Congratulations...and great pace!

Wow! What a star you are! That's amazing! Time to celebrate!

That's really fast!

Congratulations on your graduation! I hope you feel very proud.

Well done, congratulations , great that the wind has moved away at last , really makes running more fun! Keep smiling its good for you!😁😁

Excellent. Well done you!!! Get that shiny badge!!!

Congratulations. fantastic job. Now the fun begins ;-)

Congratulations and well done! Cant wait until I get there!!!

Well done, Sarah! Enjoy the badge! What now?

Not sure yet...

I think I'll keep on with a week or so of 30mins run and then start a b210k plan.

How's life after graduation for you?

Like I posted yesterday, I'm struggling with a structure to my running now I've graduated. I've run three 5Ks, and I'm doing a Parkrun tomorrow, then I'll think carefully about targets and a plan.

1 like

You may also like...