8 hours to go

Aargh. The perils of the Internet abroAd! My first draft was suddenly deleted so I will try and recap. M cooked himself a carb loading pasta dish tonight while we tucked into a takeaway goat curry (not as bad as it sounds) then we all settled down to watch a DVDs (A river runs through it' since you ask) to take our minds off the forthcoming event ( didn't work. It is now 4am and the boy is up and cooking himself a porrage breakfast. In half an hour I will drive him to the stArt as he has various checks to do before the 7 am off. I have two apps loaded on my phone which should enable us to follow his progress so will update this as and when I can. Wish him luck!

11 Replies

• Good luck, good luck, good luck! I'll be thinking of you and yours when I am cheerleading at park run in the morning, as you'll be some of the way through. Stay strong!

• Good Luck Matt Turtle ! Show 'em how its done :-)

Blimey, exciting stuff eh ? :-) xxx

• So as we drive along the lakeside yesterday Sally (daughter)points out the huge yellow Ironman buoys marking the turnaround point for the swim phase to my grandson . 'Look Charlie that's where Uncle Matt is going to swim to in his race tomorrow ' says Sally. Long pause while Charlie considers this then his forehead furrows and he shakes his head 'But WHY?' he asks.

• "Out of the mouth of babes" - some would say, but we all know better!!!!. Good Luck, will be thinking of you both.

• Wow... I'll be thinking of him.. And you!! Good luck Matt :) :)

• Very Very Good Luck. DO not get the swimming and running confused as it can look very silly. Go for it :)

• How exciting!! Good luck IronMatt. Really looking forward to reading your updates TT :)

• They're off!

• Good luck!!!!

• We do! good luck!

• All the very best for M

You may also like...