Wk6 R3 & Jelly Knees

I have to say that I found this the hardest of the runs so far. I was determined that I wouldn't give in and I made it to the end but as soon as I stopped running for my cooldown walk my legs (literally) nearly gave way as my knees turned to jelly. I was amazed last week that I could do 20 minutes and it felt comfortable to do, but BOY I REALLY felt those extra 5 minutes today! Maybe it was just a bad day and I'm hoping next week will be better....? :o/. ( I mapped my route and covered 4.14k in my 25 minute run)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Perhaps your legs were still tired from running further the other day, overtaking the other runner? :-P

More seriously now: maybe you should slow down a bit? That's quite a distance covered in 25 minutes, I think...

• Mmmm...you could be right. I have to admit that today didn't feel anywhere near as comfortable as previous runs and after 5 minutes Laura said that I should have found my pace by now - but I hadn't. I'll start Wk 7 deliberately trying to slow my pace and see how that goes. I'm wondering if (unconsciously) I was going faster because I had planned on tracking the distance at the end?

Thank you. :o)

• Well done you! You did it! Onwards and upwards - after all, you are a runner now, Laura says so!

• Yeay!! I'm a runner!! Is this REALLY ME???!!!! :oD

• Well Done. My week 6 run 3 was exactly like that (maybe a little slower, I covered 4k) but Monday I started on Week 7 and deliberately went slower and it felt good again. Wednesdays run was slightly faster and maybe a little faster tonight :) .

You may also like...