5k run

I've done, I've done it, ive done it. I've just gone and done it. I did my first park run and did the 5k and feel GREAT. Sorry did I say I've done it.

The weather was pretty bril today not to cold, no rain just right.

I kept at a steady pace. Watched a few stop and walk a little but no - no stopping for me. Nice steady run, keep the breathing nice a steady.

I could even say I could have carried on a bit more.

Hurray. Yey. Yey.

39 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • 42:26 is my time.

• That's brilliant!!! I bet you're pleased with yourself. Now you've done parkrun number one, number 2 is so much easier. It won't be long before you are wearing that 50 parkrun teeshirt ;)

• Oh I had no idea there was a 50 t-shirt. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.

• They appear to have 100 and 250 ones too... However, those might be a little time away... ;)

Looking at your previous posts, it looks to me that you're about to graduate sometime this week too. This must be quite a week coming up. You don't do things by halves, do you? I'm impressed.

• Yep big week for me this week. Graduation should be Wednesday. I needed the challenge just to experience what 5k was like, and now that I've done it all I want to do is improve on my speed.

I've done it.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.

• Well done AP. A great achievement to have run that far and long. You must be grinning from ear to ear

• I am grinning ear to ear so pleased with myself - I thought it would be a hard one today, but pleased it went so well.

• Congratulations and well done. I'm new so people posting they've achieved their goals is very motivating. Makes me want to get up and run. Keep up your good work.

• Thank you Julia. It's a great journey and you feel so good after all the runs. Keep going.

• Thank you will keep it going and hopefully in a few months will be posting I've done 5k like you :-)

• Did you say you've done it??!! Well done, thats excellent :)

• I've done it - I've done it. Now to graduate then next to try and improve on my PB.

• Well done, Ania! No more worrying about park run anymore - you've done it!

• I've done it. Yey weather good to now onwards and upwards. I've done it.

• Done it did you say ? Amazing ! Well done.

• Yep done it yes feels pretty good can't understand why I felt nervous now.

• well done on your 1st parkrun and a good time too :D number 12 for me next week :D

• 12 done oh wow, do you improve your time each time you go slow_rob ???

• No not every time :) today was a nice steady solid run ,PB's are such a bonus ,it is just part of my running week now :D

• Brill! Well done :)

• Thanks 5k I already want to do another one.

• Oh lovely well done! parkrun is brilliant, you will do many more I am sure. x :-)

• Yes I want to do more. I have already look at results and have it set up on my mobile - eek it's starting to get a bit addictive.

• Great stuff! You flippin well went and did it! Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaa!

• I did. Clean my trainers when I got back to, so ready for the next run πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

• Your post makes me smile as you sound so happy! Really well done and enjoy that feeling!

• I am irish princess. I really did not think that I could ever run 2 minutes let alone 40 but I can. The podcast are brilliant to use. I think I'm a bit in shock with how quickly im improving. The bonus is that I can feel the benefit in my clothes.

• Well done you - I did my first parkrun today too and there were quite a few people walking, then running but I too, like you, just kept going all the time. I felt like saying to these people (not that I could speak!), "No, you're doing it all wrong - you should slow down but keep going - look up the c25k programme!" (I hasten to add, they were clearly all 'learner' runners and it wasn't like they were doing sprint training or anything). Anyway, very well done. To keep running for 42 mins is an amazing achievement.

• Well done you buffy007 I hope you enjoyed you park run like me.

• Sure did. I came 4th in my age group - and got a PB (OK, there were only 4 in my age group and as it was my first, it had to be a PB) Looking forward to your Graduation.

• Haha :D Someone else grinning like a good'un :D Well done you! Graduation next :)

• Yes πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ so looking forward to graduation should be a breeze.

• Looking forward to you graduation post :D

• Aw , Well done Ania, thats brilliant !

You sound like youve got all this well and truly sussed :-)

Good Luck on your upcoming Graduation and all the very best to you ! :-) xxx

• Thank you poppypug - it's such good fun πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ

• Congratulations. Keep it up. Happy running.

• Thank you πŸ˜ƒ

• Brilliant AniaParky, congratulations on your Parkrun and imminent graduation.

• Looking forward to the graduation thank you. πŸ˜ƒ

You may also like...