Acorn 5K Trail Run

Acorn 5K Trail Run

Hi All :)

Today was my first official trail run and I must say I really enjoyed it and not a pavement in sight :)

Entries were limited to 250 but I think there were only about 100 taking part. A nice mixture of open fields, woods, inclines and single track. Perfect :) It was hard going in places and the single track sections made it impossible to pass other runners so it was just a case of playing follow the leader ;) Finished in 29min 11sec which I was happy with for my first full trail run and some of the family were there to cheer me on :)

Fairly steady splits except for the 3rd kilometre (single track) and a nice negative split to finish. No medal but a nice looking tech shirt and a goody bag.

Roll on next year :)

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds like you had fun, here's to more races! :)

• Thats a fantastic time for a trail run, and it sounds great fun.....well done you :)

• Well done Paul. Sounds like a great day!!

My first official run is looming large. 2 weeks today.

• Thanks all :) Yep, it was a great run. Good luck on your first official run, runner56. I bet you're getting more and more excited as the each day passes ;)

• That sounds like good fun, and an excellent time, particularly given the obstacles of it being a trail run. Well done you!

• Thanks, Tomas :) I was happy with the time considering the course etc :)

You may also like...