Week 5 - nailed!

Hi there thanks to you all I made the dreaded 20 minute run!

A dark windy and wet Tunbridge Wells saw me succeed at 10:30 last night! I could be seen pumping my fists in the air like Rocky outside Tesco express with a superior look on my face as I glanced at the parade of take-away shops that I have studiously avoided over the last 5 weeks.

Onwards to week 6!

One quick question. Whist I enjoy the feeling on completing each challenge, when do I get to enjoy the time when I'm actually jogging! 😉

5 Replies

• Well done Laurie J, great feeling getting that one out of the way. The pleasure for me comes when I stop at the end of the run!

• Thank-you for that Old_git...

Ok fair enough- to be honest that feeling at the end makes it worthwhile anyway..L

• Congratulations. You did it! That's a big milestone for any runner so you have every right to feel superior.

Everyone is different when it comes to actually enjoying the run. It'll make a big difference, psychologically, when you've graduated and then one day you'll be running and not even thinking about it and that's when it happens!

• It will come....honestly...remember this is still all very new and at the moment it is one challenge at a time. But, if you can do the 20 mins you are well on the way to being able to do the running without thinking. Making good progress...

• Well done Lauriej1 you must be so proud of yourself. 😊

You may also like...