3rd run, week 2, improvement to kit!

3rd run, week 2, improvement to kit!

I've finished week 2!

It's not much easier, but I'm still going, and the main news is new running shoes and a pursebelt thing for my keys and mobile. See pic! I found myself in Oxford Street at the weekend, and spotted a massive Sports Direct. I would never have gone in there in a million years before, but now I definitely see the appeal. I feel like I have got good value for my new shoes and belt and know where to go if I need anything else.

I've gone for the budget end of the scale, due to being on a budget, but tried on a few styles and picked the one that felt best. And after running in them this morning, it's definitely easier on my feet running in these, and I'm sure there is a benefit for legs, back etc. too. Also it's a sign I'm really committed to this now. Bring on week 3 :)

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Pretty shoes! I've got that belt too, I really like it, it doesn't wiggle or woggle about x

• Same shoes and belt as me! (Oops CG - see I couldn't stay away ...)

• Yay we have the same shoes! They're good! I was sure it was possible to get something good and cheap. The guy in the shop said I needn't worry about anything more technical just for doing up to 5k. And CG the belt is really practical, and solves all my worries about zippable pockets etc :)

• No me neither! Just got in from changing my shoes, promise I'll reply to your message later xxx

• Wow keep up the good work.

• Thanks raven19, hope you are getting on well too :)

• Woo looking good Ruth!

I'm dreading my first Week 3 run tomorrow ... have tired legs today and I haven't run since Saturday morning but then too much red vino yesterday won't have help!!

• It seems to all work though once you get started! Lots of luck Lockiechops

• Nice shoes!

• way to go :) looking good :)

You may also like...