It's still cold out there!

Well I've just completed Wk4 run 2. It is still so cold that I did wonder how I was going to cope, as after run one on Tuesday my muscles really ached for a couple of days, so I had an extra rest day to recover. Today's session was tough, my pace was slower than on Tuesday, but I did it and feel great! I did spend longer stretching when I got back home, so hopefully I won't be do stiff tomorrow. Roll on run 3 on Monday. X

5 Replies

• I expected to get quicker every time I ran, and it hasn't quite happened that way! Some days I feel great but seem slower, and other days it's a real challenge and I find I've run my best 1k split! There's just no logic so now I just run to enjoy it and go as fast or slow as my body tells me to (not that it ever tells me to go THAT fast :) ). I'll be running tonight when I get home from work and it's perishing cold here at the moment! My very fetching tights and layered top half will do the job though :) Good luck, Steve

• Oh yes it was, freeeezing out there today. I did my run and had just finished and was gasping when my nephew poled up. I stood and chatted to him for about 5 minutes, turned round to walk on and I was rigid!!!! Crikey. I felt ok once I got my brisk walk underway. It shows how important it is to get the cool down walk done to stretch everything out

• it is still cold out there but you still went out and did the run :D brilliant :D well done but roll on spring eh

• Some days are good, some are bad. Just take it as it comes and go at a pace you find comfortable. The important thing is that you should keep getting out there. As you say, roll on Monday... ;)

• Taking an extra rest day is very sensible. I do think in this weather our muscles need lots more TLC! Good luck for Monday although I don't think you'll need it.

You may also like...