10 km PB instead of running club

The weather forecast promises snow this evening, and I quite fancy a night in. So after reading KittyKat's run-sooner-rather-than-later reasoning on Connect, I decided to take a leaf out of her book and run now and then skip running club tonight.

The club runs are just under 10 km, and I've spent just over an hour the two times I've been. So I decided to keep to 6 min/km or just under if at all possible. Living in a one-street village, my routes are almost always made up of the lanes around the village. Today I chose the boring 2 Km South, then 2 km West, then 2 km North, then 2 km East loop. After 5 km I changed my mind and decided there was no need to do the full 10 km - if I could manage sub-6 min/km for the entire 8 km loop, then that would be good enough. When I got to the 8 km and was still doing sub-6 min/km laps, I got stubborn and told myself that this was too good a chance to beat my old PB from September (59:11). So I plodded on 1 km straight ahead and turned around for 1 km back. End result: 58:35.

Needless to say, I'm chuffed!

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Whey hey! How fantastic is that Tomas? Brilliant time and many congratulations on the PB. You can now enjoy your night in guilt free!

• Woo hoo! Nice one, well done! You have to take your chances where you can! x :-D

• Woohoo that's a pretty fab time time Tomas, congratulations :) I'm heading off to Connect to admire your splits ;)

• Well done on the PB you deserve to feel chuffed, time for a well earn rest.

• What an amazing achievement! That's a great personal best :-D

So inspiring! Well worth skipping the running club for tonight :-) xx

• blooming marvellous well done a sub 60 10K is a great milestone :D

• Wow...you must be made up, that's a fantastic time :)

• I bet you are chuffed - well done!

:) xx

• Massive congratulations, Tomas. That's really great going! Well worth skipping running club for, is your shiny new PB! A trip to GC for me too shortly, to have a good gawp!

• Well done Tomas ! You pulled it right out of the bag , Congratulations !

Now you can have a nice cosy night in with Mrs Tomas :-) xxx

• That's a fantastic time. Well done!

You may also like...