W3R1 & concrete calves

Oh wow was the run difficult this morning. I guess it didn't help that yesterday I'd climbed up a 500ft castle and the promenade at the beach was packed so I had to stop and weave between people. I'm so proud to have kept doing during the runs but it was so so so hard. When I got home it felt like my calves just wouldn't move anymore but I asked my fitness friend for stretches so they feel a bit better now! Might just sleep for the rest of the day now hahaha.

5 Replies

• It's a good idea to stretch straight after each run as that seems to help with the stiffness. Well done for getting on to week 3.

• Thanks Ullyrunner! I think I will add stretching into my routine now :-)

• That's brilliant that you finished the run even though it was tough. And yes definitely stretch after every run.

• thanks irishprincess! just read your post about being in gran canaria, hope you enjoy your holidays!

• Well done for finishing, I'm so envious you can run by the sea! Yes. I always stretch too after a run, it doesn't take long, just a few minutes and makes all the difference. Happy running xx