Week 2 run 3 done!

It's freezing cold here but no snow so no excuses! I'm finding it OK so far, tough but not anywhere near as hard as I thought.... May be saying the opposite next week! Thighs are the main issue for me, I can breathe ok, calves etc all good, just upper legs. Any advice? Also not mastered the breathing advice from Laura yet...tips welcomed :) definitely carrying on, the feeling of elation and the buzz is keeping me going!!

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I still havent mastered laura's breathing , as i havent dropped dead and stopped breathing i do my own thing breathing wise :D apprently it does settle down :) so dont worry to much about it for now.

• Thanks for that...I will keep doing what works then! :)

• Snap!

Well done. I started last week and did week 2 run 3 tonight. I run on a Saturday in the daytime and Monday and Wednesday I do it after work, currently in the dark but looking forward to springtime evenings. Tonight was cold, wet and windy, as was Monday, but we did it! I'm doing C25k with my 7 year old son. At the moment he's a bit of hindrance and moaned most of the way tonight. I gave him the option of going home but he wanted to carry on. Equally he is an inspiration and if he can do it on little legs, I can too! No pain and not particularly breathless (not going very fast due to my little helper!) but I do feel it in my lower leg while running.

Keep it up!

• Hi Northern Spirit, I love your name, sounds very uplifting that, fab stuff ! Well done on getting stuck in to the programme . Great to read that youre enjoying it and youre feeling that " Buzz "

I wouldnt worry too much about the breathing, as long as youre still doing it thats the main thing ha ha :-) I would do what is comfortable for you, just try to think of the word " Calm " . I know I used to sometimes forget to breath when I first started , I felt there was so much going on.

You will find your own way , one that is comfortable for you. I still breath through my mouth , I cant seem to breath through my nose properly.

Good Luck ! Youre doing great, Keep going ! Oh and keep posting xxx

• Thanks Poppy n Jo it's great to get encouragement and inspiration on here, this is all new to me but it's really working for me. Feeling good this morning and looking forward to starting week 3 at weekend :) good luck to all and keep going Jo u can do it if I can!

• Lots of gulpy mouth breathers here, me included. Just go with what feels right for you...I had all sorts of leg pains until Bazza explained about running in a circular motion, pick up your heels at the back, it's a bit like riding a bike (which I can't do to save my life) You might want to get Bazza to explain it more clearly, it made all the difference to me.

• Lots of gulpy mouth breathers here, me included. Just go with what feels right for you...I had all sorts of leg pains until Bazza explained about running in a circular motion, pick up your heels at the back, it's a bit like riding a bike (which I can't do to save my life) You might want to get Bazza to explain it more clearly, it made all the difference to me.

• Add me to the gulpy mouth breathers. It took ages after R3W9 before I could do the breathe in for 1,2,3,4 etc. I seemed to spend most of c25k breathing in for 1,2 and out for 1,2. Just breathe, that's all. Anyway you can get oxygen in, get it.

Thighs will get stronger - everything will. Then there is that moment when you notice a definition in the thigh muscle - that bit near the back! Magic.

• Thanks Slookie, advice seems to be just keep doing what Laura says and all will work out....good to know graduates also struggle too :) looking forward to thigh transformation too!!

You may also like...