A frosty 3K dash

Away from home for a few days visiting my parents for Christmas. Decided to do a run that I used to do with my Dad many years ago. In those days we had to estimate the distance on our bikes (pre-GPS!). We estimated 2 miles so we were not too far off at 3K or 1.9 miles. Managed a time of 15.36 with a consistent pace of just over 5 mins per kilometre. It was a frosty, bright and glorious morning - a bit icy here and there but ok underfoot. It was my first post-C25K run but decided to replay the week 8 podcast for some music and Laura's reassuring voiceover! One more run this week before my Park Run debut on Saturday. Felt like I'd earned the mince pie after lunch! Happy running all!

7 Replies

• Wow, 5 mins/km that's fast! And on icy roads, even. Colour me impressed! Well done you :)

• Thanks Tomas - not sure I could have maintained that for two extra KM though!

• With a pace like that, you'll do a very good time on your first ParkRun! Well done, Godders! Let us know how you do on Saturday!

• Will do John - hoping we get a thaw before the w/e. :-)

• Thanks KittyKat, no - I only skated (unintentionally) here or there! :-)

• That's an excellent speed - well done!

• Thanks Ullyrunner - I was glad there wasn't the usual extra 2kms at the end!

You may also like...