R3W5 ... BOOM!!!

I never thought today was possible! I'd done all the previous weeks, had hard days, had easier days but still, in the back of my mind, I was thinking "20 minutes solid running ... I don't think so"! But today I proved myself so wrong and have just come back from a 20 min run!!! My calves felt like jelly but I'm elated and feel like going out again (.... not really O_o). This plan really does work :)

19 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow, congratulations!! Well done to you. It's quite amazing, isn't it? That's the run where you prove to yourself that you're going to make it all the way through :)

• Well done you! Are you actually in Scotland? I hear you've had some nice weather to cope with up there this week!

• No - not in Scotland. That's my surname :) Weather not too bad down here though

• This weeks weather has been 'interesting' :)

• Well done! I'm on week 4 and all I seem to think about is that third run of w5. 20 minutes seems an awfully long time!

• That's what I was doing all last week ... fretting about day 3 of week 5. Don't worry. I found the first five minutes the worst and then I felt my mind having a conversation with my legs saying "how the hell are you doing that?" :) Good luck for next week. You'll be great! If I can do it, anyone can

• It's good isn't it? The legs just seem to go onto autopilot, and you only have to keep your head in check!

• Good feeling isn't it? :) Well done Jules! xx

• Well done you, and you are right, this plan really does work :-)

• Well done! It's a really good feeling to get that one under your belt :) Keep smiling and happy running :)

• Well done, it is a great feeling when you nail that 20 mins. Onwards to week 6!

• well done :D it is hard to belive you can do that run at the start :D but you have and yeah this program really does work :D just be careful with week6 it can catch you out after that run :D

• Well done! My 20 min run should fall on next Tuesday. Run 1 of week 5 went well so I'm hoping for a confidence boosting second run at the weekend.

• Good luck! You can do it :-)

• Well done! :-D not long now and you'll be graduating :-) enjoy this moment, you're doing so well :-)

Remind yourself of your success today if you find a future run a mental challenge :-) xxx

• Well done you, you're a runner now! Magic isn't it?

• Congratulations, chuffed for you!! Not long to go! ;)

• Gosh that's great. I've that run to do tomorrow, and I'm already getting butterflies over it. I'm keen, but just hope I can just take it nice and slow and get there. It's a total head game thing with me. Nice to know that it can be done though..... X

• Woo hoo well done! it is a great feeling!!

You may also like...