Left it late - blowing a gale

Wow that was very tough into the wind. Left it until 9:30 to run having run yesterday morningand been stuck inside all day today. A bit of fartleking and playing with my Heart Rate trying to get my cadence up to. Quite good fun really did just over 5k in 34 mins including warm up and down which wasn't too bad.

Warm down was chilly though straight into the wind. Off to stretch, shower and bed for me. (Anyone else not like running after their evening meal?)

17 Replies

• Fab on getting out there in the horrid weather. I have to exercise first thing in the morning otherwise it doesn't happen!

• Thanks feels good now

• Thanks Kat now it's morning I still feel good

• Morning runner here too although I have dabbled in the dark arts of late afternoon :) . I cant imagine ever running in late evening

• I really don't like it but also don't like being cooped up all day. Much prefer early morning before breakfast makes me feel great all day.

• Early evening runner here - though been naughty last few days and not run. No energy which I'm blaming on a complete lack of B12, injection this afternoon thank goodness! Well done you on running in that wind.

• Thanks Jo hope you get out tonight it really does blow the cobwebs away ;-)

• Did get out last night and even managed 5k in just under 30 minutes so new PB. It's surprising what you can achieve with a B12 jab lol. No more running now for a week as I'm off to Vienna to see family and visit the Christmas markets oh and sample a few cakes lol Happy running.

• Brilliant well done Jo a PB too can't be bad to make way for some of those cakes

• I the summer I like to run about 5:30 to miss the heat but at the moment I get in from work, change, then straight back out :D

• It's already dark when I get back but I find if you keep your step rate up it mitigates the lumps and bumps you can't see by streetlight.

• Did you sleep okay after that GF ? I have never thought of running at that time cos Im worried it might affect my sleep. Mind you everyones different I suppose :-) xxx

• Like a baby ;-) Although I did wake up early and starving

• Aw , you must have been due a feed :-D xxx

• Indeed ;-()

• I've never run after the evening meal. I'm too lazy for that... once I'm watered and fed, I want to slouch on the couch until it's time to go nightie night. I respect your self discipline for gettign out there at that time of the day.

• Thanks Tomas. Sometimes you've just got to go

You may also like...