My second 5k completed

And despite the fact that I tried a new route and got a little bit lost at one point it was a PB! (yes I know its only my second but...!). I did 47 mins on Wednesday, 42 mins today.

Thats 14.08 m/m so turns out I probably could do the podcast that I was moaning that I couldn't do the other day after all. Will think about it.

Bit chilly today thought ain't it? Little bit slippery underfoot where the sun hasn't reached yet. I hope my car defrosts soon though, haven't got anything in for breakfast and I'm starving!!!

Hope everyone else had a good run today. :-)

22 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh nice one IAASA! Good improvement on times there.

• Thanks!!

• Well done on the PB! 5 min improvement is a real Wow! in my book :) Watch out for those slippy bits though! :o I had a lovely run today too. Such a lovely feeling isn't it :)

• It was lovely it there. Although I've just noticed I've stood in Dog poo. Grrrrrrrr

• Ewwww! Not nice :(

• Not best pleased on my gorgeous pink trainers! Well I've cleaned them down now

• Not surprised! Much as I love dogs I would have been well p'd off! All sorted for the next run though ;)

• Fab well done :)

I was out this morning - it was fab bright and crisp but slippy in places!

• It was. But so worth it

• That's exactly the time I did last night. It also knocked a couple of minutes off my previous 5k. Think it's just a case of working at it to bring the time down slowly. Last night I did 1+1 min intervals... 1 min of fastish running and then 1 min jog or walk. Think next time I will try 1+1+1 and run fast/med/walk and see how that goes.

Happy running :-)

• Good luck!

• That is great! What a fantastic start to the weekend!

• Thanks!!

• Wow! Big improvement, no stopping you now!

• Hope not!!

• Wow that's great! Improving all the time.

It was lovely out there this morning even if it does take a while to get the muscles warmed up properly - first few minutes feels very lumbering somehow. Still managed to be sweaty by the time I got home though!

• Oh god yes, I was stripping off walking up the stairs at home, I was so hot!!

• Brilliant!!! If you maintain that rate of improvement for six more runs you will be in the Olympic squad and heading of to Rio, where I don't think they have frost.

• I like the idea of Rio and no frost but I might be a little optimistic to join the team just now. Maybe in four years?!

• That's a great improvement......well done :-)

• Thank you.

• a great time well done on the improvement :D

You may also like...