Only gone and done the dreaded 20 mins!!

Just back. So so happy. We did the 20 minutes on Week 5 Run 3. The only mistake we made was on the route we ended up running up some very steep steps which sapped us about 4 mins before the end....I thought the last 2 minutes was the longest of my life.

I do however believe that if we'd done a u turn and stayed on the flat we both could have carried on longer. Just a route problem so we will avoid next Friday!!

A week on Sunday we do our 5km charity run so I hope next week goes well for our tester!! Did just under 4km today according to Run Keeper.

Love this programme. What a buzz. Have a great weekend everyone. We start week 6 on Sunday

Barbara :) :) xxx

28 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done you two!

Babs and Barbs run, eh! "All the B's. Bloody brilliant"

• Thanks Barbarella!! So blimmin chuffed it's untrue :))

• Ah, just noticed this: Well done, steep bit at the end of a run -- that must hurt. My route is all flat except for two steps at the very end and so far i always stopped just before that - even walking up feels funny.

• Thanks Kristina :)

• That's great, well done. You should be in tip top condition for your 5k !

• Thanks henpen, I hope so. Raised over £350 so I've got to do it now! Hubby wants a refund if not. Cheapskate

• Fantastic progress, well done and good luck for the 5k :)

• Thanks JuicyJu :)

• Stonking effort, well done and enjoy week six.

• Thanks Kurama :)

• super well done :D especially with the steps too :D

• Thanks Rob :)

• Way to go! Even though the steps are horrible in the short term - they'll do wonders for your endurance when you run a flat route. Congrats on completing week 5 - that's a big one!

• Thanks runswithdogs. Might even start taking one of my labs soon with me. :)

• Ha. They'll love it. Poor ol' Marty the mutt is stuck on week 5. He likes the intervals, not so much running steady. He lets me know it's time for a walking interval by turning into an anchor.

• Lily would run the whole thing I think but Lottie is in recovery from a ruptured cruciate repair so isn't fully fit for another few weeks. It's been 12 weeks by then :( She can come in 2015

• Well done Barbara! 3 more runs and then it's my turn...

:)

• Yay AliPru .....you'll be fine. Slow and steady....never thought I'd do it to be honest. Shocked :)

• That's the spirit BJS, enjoy the buzz. We'll have you graduating in next to no time.

• Thanks so much Mark. The support on here is great. It's one of the first things I do when I get home is post on here. I'm so excited I've managed it :) Oh and Facebook so the sponsors for my run know I'm trying :)

• Well done both. Absolutely brilliant.

One word of warning- treat week 6 as a big step up, even if it it doesn't seem like it at the moment.

It really caught me out, especially on run 3.

Good luck xxxx.

• Thanks Meadsey. Forewarned is forearmed I guess. Why does it bite people on the bum. I don't understand why that happens. It almost seems like a backward step until Run 3 :)

• Fantastic news! Well done :-D can tell you are elated :-) keep going, it's lovely to read your posts, very inspiring and good luck with your fun run :-) xxx

• Thanks beginningtorun. I'm truly shocked and happy. Just hope I can do week 6. I've read it can be much harder which has thrown me a bit. Onwards and upwards. Hope you have a good next run :)

• Congratulations it's such an achievement especially with a hill at the ends! Good luck with your race.

• Thanks SJB. Was just reading your post. Good to see you're back :)

• Well Done Barbara! I've had a hiccup involving my headphones breaking so I'm a few days behind. I did W5R2 a second time today so that I've not taken a week gap and attempted 20 minutes. I'll do W5R3 tomorrow or Wed though! I'm excited.

Ada x

• I've just had some new earphones delivered as my iPhone ones kept falling out....doing my head in. They are bright red Betron ones from Amazon and are great. £11 bargain.

Hope your run goes well. We should have done week 6 run 2 today but have delayed by a day as we are both hurting and we have our 5km this Sunday. Don't want to push it as we must be fit. Hoping to do it tomorrow. Think it's 5/10/2/10 walk/run

You may also like...