Week 3 done :)

... and looking forward to W4. Just hoping I can get through it this time without any mishaps!

And a huge thank you to whoever it was who posted about breathing through your nose when running. I might not manage to do that in the final run but it certainly helps me pace myself at the beginning. If I can't breathe through my nose then I'm going too fast. I find that much easier than talking to myself and seeing if I can sing along to the music. doesn't look as strange either! ;)

And who knew I would be waking up in the morning excited to be going out on a run today, only to find myself having to go back to bed feeling slightly disappointed that it's only 2.30am :\ This programme should definitely come with some sort of health warning!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh wow, you've been bitten by the running bug, haven't you? ;) Hope you managed to fall asleep again, and congratulations with week 3 done and dusted.

• Seems like it but nobody warns you it will sneak up and bite you in the middle of the night lol :D And yes, I did manage to get back to sleep thanks. Up and out by 6.30 before the rain :)

• Brilliant - well done hilbean. You've definitely caught the bug. Good luck with week 4 just take it steady and you'll get there!

• Thanks. Will definitely take things steady. :)

• Wow, that's fab! I hadn't seen the tip about trying to breathe through your nose but I'll try that for W3R3 on (hopefully) Sunday :)

Good luck with week 4 and happy running :)

• Thanks. I found that tip really helpful so I hope it works for you too. Good luck for Sunday! :)

• Wow, that's fab! I hadn't seen the tip about trying to breathe through your nose but I'll try that for W3R3 on (hopefully) Sunday :)

Good luck with week 4 and happy running :)

You may also like...