Graduation Day!!

It's taken 14 weeks instead of 9. 3 weeks out of action due to a bad knee, a week of recovery runs after that and another disturbed week when my little boy had an operation.

But...I've graduated!! :D

Finished week 9 this morning and with 3 new records on my Garmin. Longest run of 4.01Km, fastest KM in 6:36 and fastest mile in 11:(something - I can't remember lol).

I was really pleased to hit the 4Km mark. Having run 3.75Km on Tuesday it was a little goal to try and get to 4 today. Even more pleased because one again last night was a night of very little sleep thanks to a little boy who won't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time (love him and his brother to bits though).

Have got to say a big thanks to everyone on this site for all the support and encouragement. Especially in the early days when I crocked my knee. Special thanks to Belinda, useitorloseit and hydrogirl.

Next step is to build up to 5Km, and reduce my time, so that I feel up to entering a parkrun.

Now where is that exclusive, graduates only, members bar?

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations, Peter! You've done amazing, despite troubles along the way. Well done!

Never mind the bar, it's the secret handshake you really want to know about...

• super welld one peter :D a great acheivement for you :D remeber one sock rolled down to get in , the drinks are on you :D

• Congratulations Peter! now the real running adventure begins!

• Oh Peter that's fantastic - and after a busy night as well. You are a hero! Big hugs (and little squeezes to your boys as well!). xxx

• Thanks all. It's fair to say I'm pretty knackered now lol

Do like the look of that graduate badge though :)

• Great achievement Peter !! You've done fantastically well. Sounds like you've got a good plan for your post-grad running. Go for it !

• Congratulations Peter. That badge looks great!

• Congratulations! Xx

• Wooooohoooooo, well done you.... Yippppeeeeee that's amazing you finally got your behind into the graduation club yeeehaaaaa.

All that hard work paid off.

I will have to stock up the exclusive members bar as it's empty after my graduation run. I'm still drunk ;-) hicccccuuupppp opps

Again well done my lovely. Now onto getting to that parkrun ;-) come on hurry up ;-)

• Briliant !!! Enjoy all your future runs!! :-)

• Well done! I'll be joining you in the bar tomorrow!!

You may also like...