I,m still alive!

-- and on a cruiseshipp at the very bottom of NZ and heading back home tpmorror. -it's FREEZING down here and 32C at home. I conquered the volcano Mt Manganui _250 metres elevation over around 1200 metres length. I was barely able to walk it in places

Turn 68 tomorrow - and have decided that I will tackle a HM next year. Maybe a full Marathon in my 70th year. I am intending to use Jack Daniels book as a training guide when I get home.

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic well done Bazza for conquering the Volcano. Hope you have some pictures

• Bazza you're a legend. That volcano looked mega!! Have to say I did a double take when I read your post. Thought for a moment you were going to train for a marathon by drinking Jack Daniels!! ;)

Wrap up warm and enjoy the rest of your holiday :)

• Wow, incredible, well done! Hope you enjoyed it too :-) xx

• Happy Birthday Bazza and wow big running decisions going on there. Enjoy the rest of the cruise :0)

• Love it! Happy birthday. And what a great goal for your upcoming year.

• Wow! Enjoy. Happy birthday!

• Well done Bazza, I knew you could do it! Hope you didn't go too fast and disappoint the heifers at the bottom XXX

• Wow Bazza 1234,

You are an inspiration to us all. I don't think I would need a book I would need Jack Daniels the drink to get through that.

Very well done.

Nicki21192

• Hi Baz

Glad you're still in one piece after your adventurous holiday. Bay of Plenty has been on our news this morning as a pod of whales has beached and I think it's bad news for them all. So sad it really is

I turn 57 in a few weeks and I got my HM ticked off Baz. You can do it, I know it! I don't fancy doing a full marathon but I suppose I could do it if I set my mind to it and I'm sure you can. Is a full marathon a healthy thing to be doing though? That's my reservation. Why put your body through it? Apparently a marathon is toxic and the effect is cumulative. I don't know it for a fact, it was on telly recently. Then you see Iva Bar on telly at the London marathon and she's run loads and seems non-the worse, and she's about 86 or 87. You'd have to be really set on the idea Baz

I bet you're ready for a bit of sunshine. Aren't we all!

• Forget Jack Daniels - Lagavullin or The Dalmore much nicer!!!

• for me to dothat i would require jack daniels bottle!!!!

• Happy birthday, Bazza! And congratulations with Mt Manganui

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY and wow...sounds incredible.....definately plan that marathon :)

You may also like...