Week 3 finished

I did it! Last night I took the advice, walked the 5 minute warm up to the park and embarked on week 4. The 3 minutes felt easier than last week and the 5 minutes felt like a lifetime but I did it! Luckily my breathing was ok; I ran slowly, but my shins were giving me a bit of pain which I pushed through. Pleased with myself? You bet! I am on week 4 for real.

7 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Great! Well done and keep up the good work! Soon5 minutes will feel like 1 ;)

• Congratulations! We told you that you could do it :-)

• I think sometimes that our anxiety pre-run might account for some of these pains we get. I think we get liked coiled springs with nerves so it's little wonder our bodies tense up and then we get pain

I know it's not easy but do try and chill a bit. Set out with a smile on your face, enjoy ...

• Well done you - feels so good doesn't it :0)

• Don't let your head gremlins put you off. You have proved that you CAN do it! Onward and upward!

• Well done you! Go girl! I'm a couple of runs behind you so great to see you doing well :)

• Inspiring!!! I'm just behind you (about to do W3 R3) and was also wondering if I should repeat, but reading your question and all the answers AND seeing that you went on to do W4 R1 and achieved it... I'll try and do the same.

You may also like...