W1R2.. on the beach!

So yesterday I did my second run in week 1 of the C25K but this time I did it on the beach. My little sausage dog Pebbles did it too, she ran along side me like a mad head while my other dog Buttons (who has had spinal surgery) walked with my Mum.

I must say that although it was nice to be on the beach in the fresh air.. it was hard work!! My ankles are now sore haha but anyway just wanted to give you a quick update. :)

Run 3 tomorrow then on to week 2 which I'm not ready for haha I was dead yesterday haha!

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi KR was it on compact sand, so when the tide had just gone out? If so, this makes a big difference, its lovely isn't it, I ran in Tenby in South Wales on the beach a few weeks ago and there's not much to beat it.

• Yeah it was after the tide had gone out so the sand was firm but I didn't realise it would be harder haha very nice to be out on the beach though!

• oh that sounds lovely - hard work on sand though, so you will be more than ready for week 2!

• Thank you haha I hope I'm ready, I don't feel it!!

• I tried sand once, but the wind was blowing in my face so much I couldn't make any headway! Good work out though!

• Aww sorry to hear, thankfully it wasn't a windy day so I managed haha yeah definitely a good work out, my ankles have never been worked out so much!!

• Oh it's hard running on the beach so very well done of you. I'm sure it was a lovely view though!

• Thank you, yeah it was lovely to be out in the open running in the day time haha

• Well done. I am about to finish week 1 today. Lucky you for living near a beech. When I had dogs they always loved the beech. Running on sand must be much harder

• Well done on finishing week 1 and good look for week 2!! :)

We live about 45min drive away so we don't go very often but it was lovely to run with my little dog, she loved it haha

Yes it was so much harder than I expected!!

• Well done Kayla. Running on sand is very hard work so hopefully your next run will seem easy! And so nice to run with your dog.... I do too. Mine has done all the training with me and now is very fit. Trouble is now he wants to "trot" everytime and does not understand rest days!!!! (I try to run and he merely trots!)

• Well done! On sand must be killer, you'll be more than ready for week 2!

You may also like...