Hi friendly forum! Just wanted everyones opinion on this and what I should do. I entered the Tri For Life at Woburn (live nearby so that was one of the reasons) with a friend to do the team event (and a swimmer who was offered to us by the Tri For Life people).
1. Paid £200 to enter the team.
2. Didn't read the small print til yesterday.
3. Realise we need to raise £500 (team minimum) by next Sunday 7th
4. If we don't raise the minimum WE CAN'T TAKE PART!!!!
5. As we only entered 2 weeks ago we have only raised £50 odd pounds so far by selling eggs and cakes!
6. All our friends, family etc have been taken over by the Ice Bucket Challenge (good cause and great way to raise awareness) so we don't feel we can start asking again.
I have asked Tri For Life if we can still participate, isn't some money better than none and also we would lose our £200 registration. Their reply was to see if we could raise £350 instead but they are sticking to their guns, no minimum payment no participation. The 3rd member of our team doesn't have to help us as he is part of the Tri For Life team (compere or something).
Ok so this is by no means a begging letter in case it sounds like that. I DO NOT WANT MONEY, instead some advice on what should be my next step. I have an email ready to say we are withdrawing and the £200 should go to Charity (my husband put up £100 so we only had to pay £50 each).
Any suggestions, advice?