Physio says I can get off the Couch!

I’m so happy! I’ve been to see a sports physiotherapist about my foot and he has said I can keep running with the programme. Apparently I have bruised my metatarsal heads by running in shoes that weren’t proper running trainers. I had worked that out for myself but it was good to get it confirmed and to know that it was just bruising and not a fracture or anything. I showed him the offending shoes and my new Asics which he was really enthusiastic about – and don’t think it was just the colour. As long as I wear the new shoes and don’t get more than 7 out of 10 on the pain scale I can carry on. Yay!

13 Replies

• Hurrah!

• That's good news! Happy running

• Excellent news! So pleased for you :)

• Great stuff. Now go for it. Slow and steady mind!

• Thanks all of you! :)

• Aw fab news Breezie ! . Now you can get back out there in your luvvly jubbly brand new shoooos ! :-D xxx

• Thanks poppypug! W3R3 tomorrow. Yeah! :)

• Excellent news. I love my Asics.

• Ooh! You have to love new shoes! Hope that fixes it - nice and steady does it now...

• Thanks Thp42 and Ully! :)

• Fab news! Here's to the new shoes!! xx

• Thanks Spanner! Yay! Lovely new shoes – looking forward to taking them for an outing later :)

• Week 3 finished! It was quite hard work and I’m a bit nervous about going on to week 4. The running intervals seem to be ramping up!

You may also like...