Physio says I can get off the Couch!

I’m so happy! I’ve been to see a sports physiotherapist about my foot and he has said I can keep running with the programme. Apparently I have bruised my metatarsal heads by running in shoes that weren’t proper running trainers. I had worked that out for myself but it was good to get it confirmed and to know that it was just bruising and not a fracture or anything. I showed him the offending shoes and my new Asics which he was really enthusiastic about – and don’t think it was just the colour. As long as I wear the new shoes and don’t get more than 7 out of 10 on the pain scale I can carry on. Yay!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hurrah!

• That's good news! Happy running

• Excellent news! So pleased for you :)

• Great stuff. Now go for it. Slow and steady mind!

• Thanks all of you! :)

• Aw fab news Breezie ! . Now you can get back out there in your luvvly jubbly brand new shoooos ! :-D xxx

• Thanks poppypug! W3R3 tomorrow. Yeah! :)

• Excellent news. I love my Asics.

• Ooh! You have to love new shoes! Hope that fixes it - nice and steady does it now...

• Thanks Thp42 and Ully! :)

• Fab news! Here's to the new shoes!! xx

• Thanks Spanner! Yay! Lovely new shoes – looking forward to taking them for an outing later :)

• Week 3 finished! It was quite hard work and I’m a bit nervous about going on to week 4. The running intervals seem to be ramping up!

You may also like...