Learning to run again week 4

My second attempt at W4R1 didn't go to plan either! At the last attempt I mistakenly started the podcast for week 3. This time about one minute into the first of the 5 minute runs the podcast stopped and I couldn't make it start again. I timed the walks and runs myself. Towards the end of the second 5 minute run I imagined Laura telling me not to stop, keep going, you're doing really well, just 90 seconds more.

Hope my next attempt goes smoothly! x

5 Replies

• Haha!! I think sometimes when you start something new the Motivation Gods conspire to make sure you're REALLY committed!! Hope the next one goes smoothly for you.

• Hi Adelaide11, it went quite well. A Sunday outing with sun and cloudy intervals. Really quite windy! I find wind very energising though!

• W4R2 completed! A blustery Sunday morning. Felt like I was running into a headwind lots of the time. I did a big loop, lots of running up inclines. Took a Chapstick, a tip I got from this forum earlier today, and reapplied during the walking bits. I ended up far from home! I had an extra 10 minute walk to get me back. A total outing of 45 minutes covering 5.4K

• People on here always say that any run is a good run and better than sitting on the couch. Best of luck with the next one x

• Week 4 completed! Yay! I am feeling great! Very happy with my progress. My knees were a bit sore on Monday after my second week 4 run the previous day. By the time I ran today I hadn't had any knee twinges for 2 days.

I ended up a long way from home again tonight. I added a couple of short sprints into my walk home!

You may also like...