Week 5 Run 3

It's so nice to browse through this forum. I've got up to Wk5 R3, the dreaded 20 min run. Completed Wk5 R 1 & 2 with no problem. I posted a few weeks ago about aching ankles etc and appreciated the advice I got. I adjusted my running style - more 'Chi' and no more heel first which seems to work for me. However, I was going to tackle R3 on Wk5 today but my feet are aching somewhat so I'm wondering whether to take an extra days rest. Any suggestions anyone?

Have to say, I can't believe I can actually run 8 minutes without stopping. I am amazed at myself (think the dog is too!) so I'm not bothered if I take longer - I just want to get that Wk5 R3 out of the way!

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • By all means take an extra rest day if you need one. It's always a good idea to listen to what your body is telling you. Just remember that you are ready for this run and you will do it! I know it can seem hugely daunting, but trust the program. Everything you have completed so far has built up so that you are ready for this ( don't let any imaginary voices tell you othwise!). You are ready: you can do it: you WILL do it! Take it slow and steady and just keep on going. The sense a acheivement at the end will be with it. Let us know how you get on.

• By all means take an extra rest day if you need one. It's always a good idea to listen to what your body is telling you. Just remember that you are ready for this run and you will do it! I know it can seem hugely daunting, but trust the program. Everything you have completed so far has built up so that you are ready for this ( don't let any imaginary voices tell you othwise!). You are ready: you can do it: you WILL do it! Take it slow and steady and just keep on going. The sense a acheivement at the end will be with it. Let us know how you get on.

• As above, you should always 'listen' to your body but also remember that you have been building up to this run and, if you can, don't be afraid to actually give it a go to see how you get on. Quite often you'll surprise yourself ;o) Good luck.

• I did it! I thought I would give it a go yesterday evening with the thought that I could always downgrade to Wk5 R2 if anything started really hurting. Well I got to the end of 20 minutes and even though it was more of a plod than a jog by the end I kept going. Thanks for the advice - knowing I had posted on this forum actually gave me the oomph to keep going!

• Congratulations that's fantastic so glad you went out and tried :)

You may also like...