Downloaded Zombies, Run!

Well I downloaded the app (£2.49) and off we went. I can't be bothered with instructions so I chose to run 5k as opposed to stopping when I completed a mission (I think!?) which was at just over 4k. When it comes to running away from the zombies I tried my best but they unfortunately caught me three times - at least I tried to sprint away and I got lots of supplies.

So I did my 5k in less than 35 minutes and we have decided to mix our runs up to include a 5k consisting of purely hill training, another to do sprints of 100 metres followed by walking for 100 metres, Zombies and then a flat, straight run of 5k to check our PR.

Can't believe I'm enjoying this - also lucky that I've managed to get a group of four who can run together three times a week.

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I think I'll be downloading the zombies app as I've heard / read a fair bit about it and it sounds fun :)

• Hi there. Sounds like fun - i have been thinking about getting this ap. Can you play your music over it or don't you really need music too?

• You can play music (it plays during the gaps in the story) - I don't normally listen to music as earbuds irritate me so I have this on speaker and I'm quite happy to hold my phone.

• Let me know how it goes with Zombies. I was thinking of getting that as well.

• Can you run it concurrently with another app for tracking purposes? I like to keep track of things in Runkeeper...

• Apparently so - I need to do a test run with my Active C25K and this. The app does do it's own stats though but I couldn't see my route despite me switching on the GPS.

• I would love to have a go at this sort of app. I think it will help motivate which is my main problem. I think it's a wonderful idea.

• I have enjoyed ready all the Zombie posts - could you tell me what its called ? I think i need something to chase or run away from to keep up my motivation....... thanks

• Hi - it's Zombies, Run1 by Six to Start. There are two, the other is a 5k training so if you've done 5k you don't need it. I've been caught by the zombies three times despite my best efforts!

• Thankyou... I have not graduated yet - so will try the 5K training one. I hope they dont catch me too ...!!!

You may also like...