Consolidation 2 with added zombies : Thought I’d... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,219 members120,288 posts

Consolidation 2 with added zombies

SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
11 Replies

Thought I’d try out the Zombies, Run app for today’s run. Tried it with my playlist on too but couldn’t find a happy medium with the volume. It was either quiet music and barely audible story or story loud enough to hear and deafening music, not my preferred option as I run on a trail n like to be able to hear if there’s anyone behind me. Anyway, I gave up on the music n just went with quiet with occasional story interruptions n I actually preferred it that way. It did make me laugh when the second thing I ‘collected’ in the story/mission was a sports bra 😂

The run went surprisingly well. It felt hard at first till I realised I wasn’t running slow jogging style so adjusted my running n that sorted it out. On the whole it felt pretty good n I was pleasantly surprised to find I’d done 1.4 miles, the furthest I’ve run as yet, n covered 2.1 miles including the walking bits

So all in all, it was a good run n definitely enjoyed the addition of some zombies to change things up a bit 🧟‍♀️ 🧟‍♂️ 🏃‍♀️

11 Replies
oldestnewest
Couchpotato2
Couchpotato2Graduate

Haha, yes that also made me laugh out loud too! It's a fun thing to add some variety to the run. When you get home you can use your tools etc to build stuff...

1 like
SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
in reply to Couchpotato2

I quite enjoyed it even though it’s a little bit cheesy lol, will definitely use it again. I’ll have a look later n see what I can build with the sports bra etc 😂

Couchpotato2
Couchpotato2Graduate
in reply to SeeJillRun

probably an armored tank :-D I'll do it again (in daylight) for the fun of collecting stuff... even virtually I hoard...

1 like
SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
in reply to Couchpotato2

😂😂 I’m quite curious to try the chases if I ever decide that fartleks are a good idea

Couchpotato2
Couchpotato2Graduate
in reply to SeeJillRun

Yes I think I might add them one day I feel brave...

1 like
SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
in reply to Couchpotato2

Let me know how you get on if you do, I think I’m a fair way off trying them yet

Pianism
PianismGraduate

Fantastic running- well done. I've found I prefer to just have some music on unless I'm trying something specific, but I may try out the zombies if I get bored. :)

1 like
SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
in reply to Pianism

Thanks! I tried just music but when the running is harder it doesn’t distract me enough. Zombies n podcasts seem to do the trick but gonna try some guided runs too

1 like
Pianism
PianismGraduate
in reply to SeeJillRun

As long as it works for you, that's the main thing. :)

1 like
RunRunRun13
RunRunRun13Graduate

Sounds like a great run today Jill, have to admit I have no idea about zombies or collecting sports bras 😂 but I do know about not hearing my music and coach at the same level - think that’s my age tho 😂 either too loud or whispering !!

1 like
SeeJillRun
SeeJillRunGraduate
in reply to RunRunRun13

It’s really annoying isn’t it! I do think apps with talking, music etc should all have internal volume controls, it’d make things a lot easier

1 like

You may also like...