New 5k PB

I found myself in Ipswich with work for a couple of days near the docks. As always these days travelling with running gear decided to go for a run this evening. I was not really sure where I was going couple of routes I took turned out to be dead ends so ended up doing an about turn. Once I reached 3k I decided to turn back the way I had come as I was not sure if I could make a circular route as I had hoped.

5k came up about a 100m before my hotel and I was pleased to see a new PB 28.34 :-)

Celebrated with fish, chips and salad all washed down with a pint of Adnams.

Last edited by

19 Replies

• Congrats on a new PB and a great way to celebrate :)

• Congratulations , that's a great time .

• A PB in this heat, well done!

I was born and bred in Ipswich (the only town in East Anglia with a football team): Arr you got a loight boi? I can drives a tractoor, but only on a Tooesdy.

From my bedroom window, I could see Norwich ;)

• Off topic, but the only town in East Anglia with a football team? Colchester? Southend? Most of the isthmian league?

• Excellent! You know your stuff. Most people have only heard of Norwich (but that is a City). I used to watch Colchester as a young boy. I grew up in the heydays of Bobby Robson & Ipswich winning the Europa Cup (1979??), so my opinion of ITFC is, certainly, biased. Perhaps I should have said 'the only _town_ in East Anglia with a once, fleeting & distant memory of Premiership football'.

• My husband was born in Ipswich and raised in Colchester. He and his brother are still Ipswich fans and try to go to a match now and then.

• At the risk of trivialising this thread..... Would West Ham count? I grew up in Romford which is only just about East Anglia and everyone around there supported West Ham....

• No, boi, Oi in't got a loight, but Oi do loike moi Adnams!

Have you seen the Wet Dock lately? Not loike it was in the ole days...

Sorry. Thread hijack in progress.

• PB's rock! Well done... great time!

• Not bad mate! Congratulations. I'm still stuck on the 30 minute mark. Have a 21k run next weekend, which is a qualifier for a marathon I intend to participate in next year. Training more for endurance than speed atm.

• Well done - that's exactly the same as my PB!!!

• Congratulations :-)

• Congrats, we all now know how to deserve fish, chips and salad.. Ha ha ha.. Have fun,, happy running

• sounds like a good run. Well done

• Wow! Amazing time, well done!

• Congrats!

• 28:34. Wow. Im struggling at 34min. The day i do sub 30 will be the day. Congratulations way to go. Please tell me your bf% as i am using this to gauge my time progress.

• Well done on the PB.

And apologies for the thread hijack above. It was your fault, you mentioned Adnams... Hope you enjoyed it!

• congrats XXX

You may also like...