Definitely have reached 5K

Graduated on the 25th February and have not missed too many runs since. Last Saturday I was pretty sure I had run 5K but had not measured it accurately, only on the Running Bug site. This morning I decided to take my gps with me, I've used it for years geocaching, and measure my run. It was raining, cold and very muddy. I decided to be brave and start without my hoody on as I always end up tying it round my waist anyway. I ran 3.25miles in 38 minutes, I think that is 5.23km. That may not be particularly fast but I was thrilled. I even announced it to a couple who parked next to us and were preparing for their run.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • that's fab blueboots and faster than me! :) :) :)

• Faster than me too!! Where do all these young whippersnappers get their energy?? :-) :-)

• 'whippersnapper' I like that, long time since I was one of those, bigger smile than ever now. :)

• wish there was a like button

• Wonderful, much faster than me too :) Excellent!! :)

• Brilliant, well done! The only time I did 5k that fast was in a parkrun when the (slightly) competitive spirit must have inspired me!

• Well done! Enjoy the rest of your weekend with that smile on your face :)

• yeay!!! Oh i've still got to get to that magic distance :) fantastic

You may also like...