Couch to 5K
60,433 members93,096 posts

My first 10k

I've just come back from the first run of the final week of my B210K programme. Today was to be the first time that I ran with no walking and it was 60 minutes. I started c25k just under 5 months ago.

I was nervous before I started out, but it went really well, and I completed it in 1:03:03 and included a hill right at the end too!

Now I know I can do the 10k I booked for this Sundays RFL.

17 Replies
oldestnewest

That's fantastic & a great time well done .

Superb. Well done!

well done !!

Thanks

Well done,that's a good time too.

Thanks

So pleased for you. Well done.

Thanks

Wow, well done. That sounds like a very big achievement. There you are, I bet you never thought you could do that did you ? This is what amazes me about these programs

Thanks, actually having done c25k I did have faith in the b210k. I think this weeks runs are the equivalent of c25k's w5r3 - you have to trust the programme and I did :)

Wow that's brilliant, well done! What a great time too- I'm still working towards something like that. Enjoy the RFL x

Congrations :) Where can I find the B210k programme please? Im struggling to get to 10k myself and have my first 10k race booked for July :)

Thanks and congratulations again

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Bridge to 10K

W1 - run 10 min, walk 1 min...4 times

W2 - run 15 min, walk 1 min...3 times

W3 - run 17 min, walk 1 min....3 times

W4 - run 18 min, walk 1 min....3 times

W5 - day 1 - run 22 min, walk 1....2 times.

W5 - day 2 - run 25 min, walk 1....2 times

W5 - day 3 - run 30 min, walk 1....2 times

W6 - run 60 min

All with a 5 min warmup/cooldown

Here is the Sam Murphy one. Happy running.

good details. Are these supported with any music?

Yes, the music is much better than on the C25K podcasts. think Britney Spears, Rhianna, etc.

You may also like...