Week5run1 and loved it :-)

Since starting again at week 3 I have found it hard. Just done week 5 run 1 and loved it, I felt like I could keep going but decided to stop so that I didn't push myself and upset the knee again.

It is a lovely morning, cool at 15degrees. The snow topped Andes mountains look stunning this morning against the blue sky. I thought I would miss the country lanes of cheshire and listening to the bird singing but this morning I wanted to keep going. I am looking forward to the next two runs. Also running for the green man makes you do mini sprints, thank goodness in Chile they so patient and wait for you.

So I have finally decided to buy myself a garmin forerunner 10. I see the 15 is out but they don't seem to have it in Chile, plus I think the 10 does everything I need at this stage, distance and time. Plus all you lovely people have said how good it is. I am thinking a pink one. Was going to wait until week 8 but ...

I love c25k

5 Replies

• Congratulations on starting week 5 - I guess that the work you put in before means your fitness levels are going up. And you certainly have a gorgeous view to distract you! Hopefully all that lovely mountain air is inspiring too. Having just struggled through it, I think week 5 is much more a mental than physical challenge and it certainly sounds like you have the right attitude to sail through it. Enjoy the rest of your week!

EDIT - I just read your old posts to find that you've got to week 7 before, so will stop handing out advice to people more experienced than me, other than to say enjoy your run!

• Trust me I struggled doing week3 and 4. The longer runs are harder as you want to stop but you are right distracting yourself during a run works wonders. I need a lot to motivate me and get me out the door but once out I enjoy it.

Look your through week 5 now, look at how far you have come and you will get through the next few weeks! We can do it

• Well done and you deserve to treat yourself. I'm looking to buy myself a Garmin to celebrate me graduating......an extra incentive to finish the c25k ;)

• Hi Paul, thank you. But I should be saying well done to you!! I see you have finished week 7, congratulations. You are nearly there :-)

I just got a Garmin watch, I got the 220 in the end it just felt better plus the garmin shop had 20% off because it's Father's Day. Also it was slightly cheaper than the prices on uk website. Know I will finally know how far I have gone and how fast.

• Thank you :) Yes, can't believe I'm almost there. The 220 is a great choice and with that discount you couldn't really say no ;) Enjoy it.

You may also like...