Couch to 5K
52,922 members84,976 posts

Week5Run1 - Smashed!

I was going to leave work early to get home early to run early to do everything else in my evening early. Then I ended up chatting to a colleague, which delayed me, which delayed the journey home, and so on. In the back of my mind I was thinking to myself, 'There's no way I can be bothered to run tonight. I'll just do it tomorrow instead.' I decided that I was going to get some fast food and get drunk tonight.

But then I got home. I hadn't picked up fast food. After a quick snack and a ten-minute sit down, I was out there! The biting wind almost made me turn around. But then I just got on with it and completed the podcast!

I'd worried when starting the program that my cardiovascular fitness would let me down. I 'smirked', as I like to call it, on-and-off during my university days, and knew this area wasn't my strongest. Surprisingly though I'm finding breathing less of an issue! I never thought my legs would give me any problems, although they were a bit ache-y in the final minute or so of the last run of the session. I was slightly tempted to pause to pet some cats which were out on the streets, but I kept on going and completed the podcast.

Overall, I feel really proud of myself, and feel as though I am ready to take on the next podcast on Sunday. I hope that other people are feeling good about themselves!

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Brilliant. Well done. It's amazing the progress we're making isn't it x

It certainly is! Never thought I'd be able to achieve even half of what I have so far!

You could pet the cat while running in place! :))

Jokes aside, well done! For both resisting the temptation of a lazy evening and having nailed the run so brilliantly.

You made me look forward to next week with increasing desire... but first I'll have to complete W4, tomorrow

I wish I'd thought of that at the time!! Haha. Good luck for your final run of week 4 tomorrow, you can do it!

1 like

Well done! Now you can eat drink & be merry! At the thought of what you've achieved this evening..😊

1 like

Thank you! It's so nice when graduates encourage us newbies.

Well done , it is surprising how the subtle changes happen as you progress though the program and beyond .

It's like being at school really, then you would know about that, motivation & achievement go hand in hand usually.

A very long time since I was at school, but would say motivation was lacking slightly in the 1960s..😊

Motivation sadly still lacks in comprehensive schools in Essex! But I did tell my form group that I'm doing Couch25K. Every now and then the sporty ones ask if I'll compete in the staff relay at sports day this summer.

1 like

You may also like...