Week 6 done!

Finally completed week 6 and heard Laura tell me I'm a runner! It's taken me a lot longer than 6 weeks due to injuries and rehab but it feels great to have got hear at last. I actually felt better yesterday after the run than on the day before when I felt (or feared) every ache and twinge in my legs.

There's so much great motivation on this site, Looking forward to week 7 now and even thinking about taking a look at a local parkrun!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done...I am looking forward to that!!

• Well done Andy, you are nearly there! I can recommend a Parkrun, I was a bit daunted before I went along but I needn't have worried. It is great, everyone at mine is so friendly and encouraging, it has opened up another new world. I am volunteering at mine this weekend to give my legs a rest! x

• Thanks for the encouragement, have hurt my ankle this week but I'm certainly going to give it a try when I've recovered

• Well done Andy, not long now........

• Thanks AncientMum, it's great to get support on here

• Well done Andy! :) I loved when Laura said that part about being a runner too - woohoo!

Good luck with Week 7 - I am only a run or two ahead of you :) x

• Hi Spiky_moss, week 7 started ok but I took Laura's advise about a new route and twisted my ankle so I'm not running for a while. Good luck with your running, you must be getting close to graduation now!

• Congratulations Andy , glad your back out there again . Go for the park run you will love it . I'm doing one tomorrow my first since dec. after my injury . Happy running

• Thanks for the support Rockette, good to hear you're back from your injury. Happy running to you too

• Great news `Andy! Glad you are back and running well. Good luck for rest of the programme and don't forget to order your graduation t- shirt!! They can take a while and will keep you motivated!! :)

• Hi Carole, thanks for the encouragement, it's taking me a while but I'll get to graduate eventually!

• Pleased to hear that Andy, well done. Week 6 is probably the hardest, and I think you will find next week a tad easier, if I dare say such a thing. I'd hate to tempt fate

Park Run!!!! Go for it!

• Thanks for the encouragement miss wobble, this is a really motivational forum. I'm taking an extra couple of rest days having hurt an ankle, but am looking forward to getting back out there soon

• Well done, Andy. It's a great achievement completing week 6. Onwards and upwards :)

• Brilliant news Andy, you're on the home straight now :)

• You should go for it!! They are friendly places and once you start you get lost in your own run anyway! May be the start of something great.... :)