About to start Week 8!!

This is the most committed I've been to any exercise programme! I can't believe I can run for 25 minutes - I couldn't even manage that when I was at school doing the dreaded cross country; in the middle of winter; in the pouring rain!! Can't think for the life of me why I didn't like running [then]...but now?... I have more energy, my skin is clearer and I'm packing more into my life every day!!

I "run" on an elliptical trainer (I've had a disc replaced in my neck and two others are on the way!!), my physio thinks that real running could cause more damage than good; I'm considerably overweight, so the trainer minimises the impact on my old bones!! But I'm still doing it and can't wait to hit the 5k goal (today I "ran" 4.31 kms (that extra "1" makes all the difference!))

If I can do it anyone can!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Mol69 you are an inspiration! I don't know about you but the weight is definitely dropping off the more i run, which is fantastic - keep it up girl, you can do it!

• What a great achievement! So glad you are enjoying the benefits of running. Good luck with your graduation week.

• Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to W8R1, who'd have thought it?! Certainly not me!!

You may also like...