Week 6....here I come

Ok, so I've gotten this far...I CAN do this. I really think it's a question of mental attitude as well as the physical effort. I like to visualise when I'm well, can't call it running, more a jog. I see myself effortlessly striding out...and finishing, which is the best bit! I'm just gearing up for this evenings WK6R1. Waiting for my running buddy, that helps me along! I will keep you posted....TTFN........

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • A positive attitude can go a long way. Good luck with w6

• I would caution on treating the week lightly though. Having said that with the attitude you have I am sure you will sail through.

Good luck with the programme

• I did W6R1 this morning too :-) How did it go?

• It was ok. Not as easy as I thought, so took it fairly gently. I guess the danger is to get too over confident and tire yourself out!

• Great! Bring on W6R2 I say!

• Let me know how you get on!

• All done, but not as easy as it appeared. Took it gently and managed to complete before the heavens opened, thank god!

• Week 6 is very tough - it's quite deceptive. The return to intervals for the first two runs, after the euphoria of the 20 minute run in W5, is not a soft option and this can catch some people out. Keep it very slow and steady, stay calm and you will get through it fine. Best wishes.

• Yes Fitmo, I remembered you said that earlier. Very true. Feeling a bit achey this morning, but my early Pilates class should sort me out! I notice you are a Graduate, are you continuing your running and do you follow any plan? All the best to you.

• Thank you. I am running twice a week now and using Sam Murphy's B210K as it has better music and suits my stride. I have no intention of doing 10K as short runs are enough for me. I also have other things I like to do which are more important to me - Pilate's, for example. Good luck with your own running and best wishes.

• Yes, my calfs (calves?) were achy for the first time after that one. It helped that I was forewarned I think. Thanks :-)

You may also like...