W8R2 indoors again

Yesterday sooo windy - gale force, went to nearest gym, 5 miles away. This is in a community centre and costs just £20.00 a year! Although the only other c25k run I was forced to do indoors due to weather I didn't enjoy at the sports centre, I thought this one was great. I could see myself in the mirror and it made me smile seeing me achieving this. I was on my own so could mess around with my 'running' style - arm movements etc. Roll on week 9 :-)).

Last edited by

4 Replies

• Ah, if only we could all have a community centre with gym equipment at only £20 per year. Much as I prefer to run outside it is the cost of the gym that puts me off going - I simply cannot justify it. Although I would love a chance to see myself in the mirror and play with my running style - could help the time go faster! Good luck with the rest of the programme. Best wishes.

• Sounds like you are enjoying yourself and you've found a good place to go!. Its good to have an alternative if the weather is dodgy. Nearly there now! x

• Good heavens! My local council-run gym costs £35 a month! However, since I turned 60, I am entitled to swim there for free. I gave up my membership because I mostly used it for swimming anyway, hardly ever used the machines and couldn't be bothered with classes as they all require advance booking.

• Well done!! Sounds like fun! and nearly convinced me to go indoors - nearly!!! LOL!! :)

You may also like...