Done and dusted!

Just wanted to say I finished C25k on Friday and completed my very first 5k race yesterday! Never in a million years did I think I could or would do either of those things. I've never run 5 of anything, before this programme. So, now I'm thinking of my next goals as I've got the bug. If I can do it, ANYONE can!

Good luck to everyone on their journey. Remember, you did the run before, so you can do the next one!

5 Replies

• Well done on completing C25K Jfly & good for you for immediately entering a race. Was that a ParkRun? If so where? Any tips?

• Well done! Great piece of advice at the end there.

Enjoy your post-graduate runs. You'll have ups and downs, but a bad run is better than no run. The quests (pinned at the top right hand corner) are a great way of giving yourself short term goals. I'd advise enjoying running for half an hour/5km for a while before setting yourself too much by way of a target for distance. The c25k+ podcasts are helpful too (stepping stone, stamina and speed).

• Thanks, guys. The race was a 5k/10k charity run in Regents Park. Flat and not crowded, so perfect for my first race. I am a bit intimidated by the thought of a park run so might get a few more weeks under my belt before I try one! And I need to work on running some hills, first, too! Those graduate podcasts will add a little variety to my runs. Looking forward to it.

• Congratulations on completing the couch to 5k and then doing a 5k race straight away! Well done!

• Thanks! It seemed like a long shot when I registered, but then I just treated it like another podcast run. Was fun!

You may also like...