Week 5 Run 3 COMPLETE!!

This morning I went out to try week 5 run 3. I was hopeful but not optimistic about running for the full twenty minutes. I started to struggle at around the 14-16 minute mark but I pushed through and couldn't believe it when Laura told me I'd done it!!!! I'm so happy that I completed this run! I don't think I could be any more proud of myself, and I'm so glad I found C25K :) I simply had to share, especially for those facing w5r3 - it's nowhere near as scary as it seems!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Tomorrow I run W5R2 and run 3 is scaring me, am glad I read your post. Well done and good luck with the rest of the programme :)

• Trizzy37

I ran W5r2 yesterday and although a bit tough on the second 8, I just kept telling myself 8 is only 5+3, both of which I knew I could do. I found that concentrating on my breathing (four in, four out) helped me to not notice the run and before I knew it, it was done - I even carried on a little to get to the end of my circuit. You can do it (and run 3 too).

• Thanks JenniRae

I do it tomorrow so your timing is excellent. Like you I'm hopeful, but going from 8 minutes to 20 seems like a massive leap, however knowing that you found it tough at 14-16 but did it gives me hope...

You may also like...