I've only just gone and bl**dy well done it!

Well, that's it, ten weeks, 28 runs (I snuck an extra one in), and a fair few times I thought I wasn't gonna be able to do it, but here I am, about to apply for my graduation badge! It took slightly longer than the nine week programme as I strained my calf muscle on W9 R1, had a few days break to rest it, then did the three week 9 runs again (hence the extra run). I must admit I'm chuffed to bits, although I did feel a greater sense of achievement at the W5R3 run, that was an awesome feeling!! I'm just wondering, though, whether it will ever get "easy"- I still feel as though I'm gonna expire at around the ten minute point!! :)

So, I'm excited to see where this new journey takes me..........

11 Replies

• Oh well done! That's fantastic. Enjoy your post grad runs xx

• Congratulations. You are officially a graduation runner. We'll done you.

• Fantastic ... well done!

• Well done!

• Congratulations and really well done. There's lots you can do after graduation. Click on "life after your 5k" on your right here for ideas.

I sense your excitement from your post. Brilliant!

• Congratulations! Feel great doesn't it?

• Congratulations! Well done! There's the 5k+ podcasts that you can try xxxx

• Thanks everyone - it's great to have support and to share the celebrations on here - I find my family are somewhat underwhelmed!

I'm going to concentrate on just enjoying running - I'm not really that bothered about statistics - I just want to get out there, get my heart pumping and get these old bones moving! When I feel a bit more comfortable, I'll then try some of the other podcasts - a new challenge and all that! :)

• Well done YOU! Brilliant news. Does it get easier? Er.....yes eventually. But running is HARD. I graduated last June '13 and have been running regular 5Ks (and even 8K two days ago) but really only got to say that I could run 5K "with ease" about a month ago!!!! But I find slow and steady is the key......keep that as your mantra.

• Thanks for your reply and thanks, too for all your very entertaining posts - they have made me laugh out loud (I'm too old to say LOL!) on numerous occasions! I even think I might have a trip to Richmond sometime to see you in your running tights!! :) :)

I suppose I don't want it to be "easy" as such - I don't consider that I've had a good workout (I do two mad and energetic Zumba classes a week, too) unless I've felt I might pass out at some point (lol!) - but it is still a battle of wills to keep going at the "toxic ten" point in the runs and just wondered if this ever get better? Well done on the 8K - get you!! :)

• Fantastic :) I still have a wobble around the 10 minute mark of my run but it always passes and my run tends to become easier as I relax into it.

You may also like...