cold wet and windy but very pleased to say w9r3 completed - woop woop!

It was like running along a shallow stream for much of the time, there has been so much rain. It was drizzling but I wanted to get the run done today. I had planned a great circular route I bit longer than necessary but sadly my legs told me the extra incline I had included was a bit to much so I decided to return by the way I had come. My iPod told me I had completed 5k in 30 minutes which was a bonus. Feel really chuffed to have completed the programme today. I would like to thank the community for the support and encouragement over the last few weeks.

27 Replies

• Great stuff, well done you. Many congratulations. You need to apply for your graduate badge

• Thanks very much, I have applied :-)

• Well done to you! especially in this horrible weather! A fantastic achievement , i'm on second run next of week 6......... did 4k in 34 mins............5k in 30 minutes is a great time!

• Thanks Aliboo, I remember thinking week 6 was a turning point. I had not looked ahead so did not realise w6r3 was such a challenge but was pleasantly surprised to find I ran it comfortably. I look forward to reading about your progress over the coming weeks.

• yes- 25 mins!!!? but the 20 mins was ok so staying positive in mind and body!(i hope!)

• to be honest I forgot about the 20 minutes - oops !

• Wow, that's amazing, well done you!

• Thanks Natalie

• Congratulations! What an amazing feeling - and great speed too!

• Ullyrunner, I have surprised myself this week. Glad I have made this landmark.

• Glad you made it this weekend, too - great time! :D Enjoy your running.

• Thanks, I had hoped to keep pace with you after I realised we were at roughly the same point :-)

• I don't find it easy! My mind was screaming for me to stop!

I'm planning to stop non-stop running for a while and try run-walk-run instead, to build up my distance.

What's next for you?

• I plan to continue building stamina for the next couple of weeks. I have a longer circular run I have been thinking about. It is 7.7k I did try it for run three but the extra hill it introduced was just a bit too much. I have done one post grad run which was a little slower than my last two in week 9 although my iPod told me I had a fastest mile.

• I've been told by a couple of people that this is one of the best times as a runner - you're riding a crest, regularly breaking PRs.

All the best!

• Well done and in such a great time too :)

• thank you

• Well done and to do the 5k in 30 minutes is incredible, that took me months to get there... 10k next?? Enjoy the journey....

• Thanks Juicyju, The thought has crossed my mind. I have a new circular route planned which is 7.7k so you never know! I was surprised, and pleased, at the time myself

• Congratulations!

• thank you

• Well done you, that's brilliant!

• thank you

• That Graduation Badge suits you down to the ground.

• :-) worn with pride.

• Well done. It is such an achievement isnt it xx

• Thank you, feels like I have achieved something worthwhile.

You may also like...