Ran myself to a standstill and now have back ache!

This morning I went out to run 'Stamina' pod cast and managed all sections until last one . Halfway through I simply had to sit down and did so - on the rowing machine in the park gym! Did my usual session but when I stood up I had a sharp nagging pain at the back of my left hip about a hand span below my waistline. I continued my warm down walk and it did go. Now though I feel tightness right across the my lower back. Not sure what to do with it. I realise I am in need of core muscle strengthening exercises - must look them up asap.

Nearly Christmas folks! HAVE A GOOD ONE! Enjoy the festive treats, don't feel guilty - and get out there as soon as you can to burn them all off!

6 Replies

• Merry Christmas to you and yours, hope the back feels better soon

• Thank you, I'm sure it will. And someone else is doing Christmas this year - Thankfully!

Merry Christmas to you too!

• Did you do the normal five minute warm up?

• Hi misswobble, I did do my warm up before running and had been running for about 30 minutes before I did the rowing. I've decided to get back into doing some yoga core strength moves.

Happy running!

• Had my yoga class this morning, focus is always on the core and I am aware how weak mine is too. One thing I am always being reminded to do in class is pull in lower abdominal muscles and tuck in my tailbone.

Hope it's just a temporary wee strain. Happy festive running!

• Hi lizziebeth, I used to love yoga classes and I think I know quite a few of the moves well enough to do them on my own so will be doing them in the mornings from now on!

Yes, Happy running!

You may also like...