Ran myself to a standstill and now have back ache!

This morning I went out to run 'Stamina' pod cast and managed all sections until last one . Halfway through I simply had to sit down and did so - on the rowing machine in the park gym! Did my usual session but when I stood up I had a sharp nagging pain at the back of my left hip about a hand span below my waistline. I continued my warm down walk and it did go. Now though I feel tightness right across the my lower back. Not sure what to do with it. I realise I am in need of core muscle strengthening exercises - must look them up asap.

Nearly Christmas folks! HAVE A GOOD ONE! Enjoy the festive treats, don't feel guilty - and get out there as soon as you can to burn them all off!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! ENJOY!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Merry Christmas to you and yours, hope the back feels better soon

• Thank you, I'm sure it will. And someone else is doing Christmas this year - Thankfully!

Merry Christmas to you too!

• Did you do the normal five minute warm up?

• Hi misswobble, I did do my warm up before running and had been running for about 30 minutes before I did the rowing. I've decided to get back into doing some yoga core strength moves.

Happy running!

• Had my yoga class this morning, focus is always on the core and I am aware how weak mine is too. One thing I am always being reminded to do in class is pull in lower abdominal muscles and tuck in my tailbone.

Hope it's just a temporary wee strain. Happy festive running!

• Hi lizziebeth, I used to love yoga classes and I think I know quite a few of the moves well enough to do them on my own so will be doing them in the mornings from now on!

Yes, Happy running!

You may also like...