Back to week 4 after a ridiculous 2 months of excuses and laziness!

I started C25K back in September last year and from day one I loved it, but then I also had time on my hands due to a fab shift pattern...I did the last run of week 5, the 20 minute one and I was ecstatic!!! That was back on 11th November 2012 and then due to going back to working 9-5, and leaving the house very early and getting back very late due to a horrendous commute, I found EVERY excuse under the sun not to run....

....This continued all over Christmas, until yesterday when I decided that enough was enough as I weighed myself (not nice) and everything was definitely feeling much more wobbly!

So I decided to start at week 4 again, with the 5 min warm up walk, 3 min run, 90s walk, 5 min run, 2.5min walk,3 min run, 90s walk and 5 min run..

And do you know it was ok! I was surprised, almost 2 months off and I found it ok and really looking forward to going out again, Im aching a bit, but I guess thats normal, so Ive found a new motivation and I WILL COMPLETE THIS PROGRAMME haha!

I hope it was ok going back to week 4, Im thinking maybe I should have started again after such a long break, and not having graduated either, I was only on week 6, but if it felt ok then surely thats fine?

Watch this space!!

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done for getting back to it. I find that once I get out of the habit it's really easy to find any kind of excuse not to go out. Going back to week 4 was probably a good idea. I got to the end of week 5 as well then couldn't run due to injury and I went back to week 4. It eases you in and gets you on the right track without overdoing it. Good luck and keep running.

Viki

• Ha ha! Just listen to vikicats, talking about week 4 as 'easing you in' - shows just how far you have come. Week 4 sounds pretty scary to me (at the end of week 3). Just feeling really pleased that I could do 3 minutes continuously, and then there is a jump to two lots of 5 minutes!!! AND two lots of 3 minutes. Erk! But I've managed it all so far, so expect it will be ok on the day.

katywoo - after all that food and resting, well done for getting back to it all!

• Hi Katy, well done for getting back on it! It's easy to stop and then the excuses roll in! I was on week 8 when I stopped 8 weeks ago, planning to attempt W5R1 tonight to see how it goes.

I'm a great believer in the body being able to adjust and having memory, so lets both get back on the horse and finish this programme!!

See you at the finish line.

• Hi Katy - I started about the same time as you (10th September) and got as far as week 7 before having to stop for a couple of weeks due to injury (pushing myself too hard, too fast). I then went back to week 4 and have taken things really slowly since then - repeated weeks, repeated runs as necessary and I always take two days rest between runs.

I am now at week 8 and, if I graduate on schedule, it will have taken me 20 weeks to complete the programme, but complete it I will!!!

• Welcome back katywoo and I just want to say a huge congratulations to all of you here who have stopped for one reason or another and got back into it. Well done and I really look forward to seeing you graduate. In the meantime very good luck!

You may also like...