w7r2 - did it !

After an extra rest day due to niggly knee pain during w7r1 I sent out into the cold in some trepedation today. Gave myself permission to bail out after 5 minutes if my knee started hurting again. But it was OK. Everything else hurt ! But knees were OK. I did the NHS knee exercises as an extra warm up before leaving the house, so maybe that helped. GOSH it was cold out there, but I still ended up pulling my thumbs out my gloves half way round to cool down a bit.

No more running until Monday at earliest as I'm going to Paris by train for a long weekend and don't have room for my running shoes in my bag, but I will walk alot, and as the forecast is cold, the walks will no doubt be brisk !

Due the cold I also replaced my usual pre-run glass of juice with a cup of miso-soup which I think helped, at least psychologically.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done , enjoy your trip .

• Well done Paris sounds. Good enough reason to delay next run Sure you will graduate in next few weeks Good luck

You may also like...